String lights are versatile and can be used to brighten up any space and add to a relaxing and inviting atmosphere. Whether you plan to use these ideas every day in your home or for a special occasion these creative uses for string lights are simple but effective.
1. Create a table top light – Add some fairy lights to a mason jar or a clear vase to create a unique and fun table top light that can be used indoors or outdoors.
3. Accent your wall/ceiling – If you’ve have got photographs, pictures or other items hanging on your wall that you want to draw attention to, try using string lights as an outline to draw the eye.
4. Brighten up your trees – Take advantage of your garden in the evening by draping string lights over tree branches to create a warm and inviting area perfect for summer nights. Solar powered lights are an ideal choice for outdoor lighting.
5. Spell out words – Hanging string lights up in a pattern to create a word across a wall is just one creative way to use this product. You could for example write children’s names across their bedroom wall.
**6. Light up your bed **– Using string lights to create a canopy above your bed can make you feel as though you’re sleeping under the stars. Plus, it’ll give your bedroom a relaxing glow.
7. Make some different shapes – Wrap your string lights around hoops to make a creative light feature. This is perfect to adding some style to a room or making an event space even more special.
8. Light up your plants – Use some LED string lights to add an extra dimension to any plants you have featured in your home. Choose a product with smaller bulbs so it doesn’t outshine your flowers.
9. Show off your photos – Zigzag string lights down a wall and use mini pegs or hooks to hang photographs from to showcase your favourite snaps.
**10. Frame your mirror **– If you want to create a dressing room with an old Hollywood glamour vibe try adding some fairy lights around the edge of your mirror.
11. Vintage marquee letters – You can make your very own vintage style marquee letters by cutting out cardboard and adding paint, lights and any other embellishments you like.
12. Spread them along a shelf – For a special event string lights are a great alternative to a table runner and can add a little ambience.
Created by Steve Ellwood on 10th August, 2016
Qualified as an Electrician, founder of BLT Direct